Mini-review; Jinhao 950 “Noblest Porcelain Dragon”.

I did not know when I ordered this pen that is was actually made of real porcelain, but I was thrilled while it was in transit when I saw that it was and couldn’t wait for it to get here! Now that it has arrived and I’ve had a chance to ink it up and give it the ol’ test drive, I can honestly say it does not disappoint!

Opening the pen up we're greeted with the Jinhao standard universal converter, which is no bad thing. The Fine nib is more of a “fine-medium”, which is perfect for me, and glides on my Rhodia N* 81 DOT pad with almost zero feedback, when using Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki-Shikibu ink. There is some line variation available and this combination lays down just wet enough without becoming dry. It really is an absolute joy to put to paper.

The fit and finish of this pen is beyond what any reasonable person has any right to expect in its price point and the ceramic offers a heft I have yet to experience in a pen anywhere near this class. It is a little thick in my hands, with a steep step from the large-ish barrel to the small-medium section, but it is nicely balanced and I got more comfortable with it as I wrote. The cap snaps off more easily than my other Jinhaos and does post, but makes the pen far too heavy for long writing sessions and throws the balance way off.

I’m going to leave this one inked up for a while and alternate between it and my Royal Blue (marble) Jinhao X750 to decide if it isn’t too heavy or bulky to maybe take over daily duties. In all, very happy with this purchase and I plan to use it quite a bit for years to come.

https://amzn.to/2l3JjEL








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review; Wing Sung 3009 Piston-Filled Demonstrator.

Review: Jinhao 8802 “Shell”

Review: Jinhao 992 Light Blue Demonstrator, EF Nib